Minnesota Vikings News & Links: August 23, 2022
The week keeps rolling on, ladies and gentlemen, because it’s Tuesday right here on your favorite Minnesota Vikings website. Purple made a bit of news yesterday and will do so again today as the roster is due to be reduced to 80 players by 3:00 p.m. Central Time today. After yesterday’s moves, they currently sit at 84.
Since the last time we brought you an open thread. . .
- Yesterday’s big story was the Vikings returned a conditional 2023 seventh-round pick NFL Draft to Las Vegas Raiders for quarterback Nick Mullens to, presumably, serve as a replacement for Kirk Cousins. If you want to hear the Raiders’ take on the deal, our friends at Silver and Black Pride have you covered here.
- We’ve given you a link to an episode of the Go With the Flo podcast which features an interview with GM Kwesi Adofo-Mensah.
- The Climbing the Pocket team spoke about the setbacks some Vikings players took in the preseason loss to the Niners.
- The Vikings also said goodbye to a few players yesterday. They released veteran WR Albert Wilson and waived DL Jullian Taylor (though Taylor will be on the team’s IR if not claimed on waivers).
Again, we all know the rules, but in case anyone is new:
- No discussion of politics or religion
- No troll feed
- Leave the hatred of the sexes at the door
- Keep foul language to a minimum (using spoiler tags, if you must)
- Speaking of which, if you are discussing a new show or movie, please use spoiler tags.
- No photos that could get someone fired or in serious trouble with their employer
- If you can’t civilly disagree, feel free to walk away.
- When browsing the open thread, just assume it’s being sarcasm.