Minnesota Vikings News & Links, August 30, 2022
Welcome to Tuesday, ladies and gentlemen, and more importantly. . .at least for the Minnesota Vikings and the rest of the National Football League. . .it’s the day of the cut. The rosters are due to be down to 53 players by 3:00 p.m. central time this afternoon, and we’ll do our best to track all movement before the final roster drops.
Since the last time we brought you an open thread. . .
- Be sure to keep an eye on our cut tracker throughout the day so you know who the Vikings have dropped and who they will keep.
- Speaking of 53-man rosters, Warren made his final projection available to people.
- One of the first moves the Vikings made yesterday caused confusion. News originally broke that the team had released defensive lineman TY McGill, but it turns out he was placed on the disabled list.
- The Go With the Flo podcast interviewed Vikings owner Mark Wilf on this week’s episode.
- At least a dozen teams have (apparently) called the Vikings about a potential trade for RB Alexander Mattison. Mattison is not overtly bought off, but the Vikings are apparently listening to inquiries.
Seemed appropriate for cut day.
Again, we all know the rules, but in case anyone is new:
- No discussion of politics or religion
- No troll feed
- Leave the hatred of the sexes at the door
- Keep foul language to a minimum (using spoiler tags, if you must)
- Speaking of which, if you are discussing a new show or movie, please use spoiler tags.
- No photos that could get someone fired or in serious trouble with their employer
- If you can’t civilly disagree, feel free to walk away.
- When browsing the open thread, just assume it’s being sarcasm.